The Heat network (Metering and Billing) Regulations 2014 came into force in December 2014 under the EU Energy Efficiency Directive. The BEIS will update the regulations during 2018.
The regulations apply to anyone who is a heat supplier. A heat supplier is a person who supplies and charges for the supply of heating, cooling or hot water through either
The Heat Network Regulations update 2018 focuses on Housing Associations:
- Planned to be a major focus in 2018
- Goal is to follow up with previous non-compliance (notifications)
- BEIS is raising awareness of legislative changes
- BEIS is also providing any other support required
- Support is turned towards billing and installation of meters
We at Monarch together with Welcome Energy help all our housing association, block management and other property management customers to comply with the heat network Regulations.