Barnet Homes are proud to be one of the UK’s Top 20 Landlords. They are part of The Barnet Group, a local authority trading company owned by Barnet Council. Barnet Homes manage and maintain 15,000 council homes, including 3,900 leasehold properties. They oversee housing assessments, allocations, supply and advice. They completed a £185million Decent Homes programme in 2011. Barnet Homes were shortlisted for ALMO of the Year at the 2012 UK Housing Awards.
“We have been working with Monarch for a number of years and they clearly outperform our previous consultant.”Carol ConnahGroup Procurement Officer, Barnet Homes
- Efficiently replace a number of communal meters with smart meters
- Communicate better and share workflows with residents, call centre and caretakers for speedier corrective measures
- Gain substantial savings on energy costs while renewing contracts
- Establish an up-to-date asset register with accurate invoices and meter readings
- Audited all bills and meter readings monthly for each site
- Acquired new readings due to variances, conducted further checks
- Single point of contact for daily admin and account management
- Performed consumption, pricing and trend analysis
- Achieved optimal prices with the flexible procurement
- A continuous CRC reporting and account statements
- Regularly analysed market prices to meet procurement goals
- Dealt directly with the supplier on behalf of the customer
- Ensured accurate meter readings, correctly recorded change of meters, install / removal of new meters
Exceeded the client expectations by managing their flexible contract procurement with risk management, trading strategy and market monitoring.
So far we have saved Barnet over £110K by procuring flexibly.
Delivered £24k of savings to Barnet on the energy costs already during the first year.
Consolidated client's bills for over 800 meters. We added the Group’s own cost codes to each bill for easy sorting and apportion by the finance department.
Efficient cost management
The Finance team was able to give the leaseholder team a clear picture of the service re-charges with tailored monthly statements.