Sharing is caring!

Saving water

The average UK resident uses a massive 150 litres of water a day, be that for washing, cooking, or cleaning. Our planet’s population is increasing dramatically and, combined with inconsistent weather patterns, this puts more and more pressure on our natural resources. Over 97% of the world’s water is in oceans and glaciers, leaving less than 3% available for our use. Saving water has never been more crucial.

We’re using up fresh water supplies more quickly than before and, even though you might not think it, our water usage also heavily impacts overall energy consumption. Water is treated and cleaned once before it reaches the tap, and again before it is returned to the environment. Similarly, energy efficiency labels on white goods are actually based on their electricity usage, rather than the amount of water they use. The two are linked more closely than we might realise at first, so reducing our water consumption is a great way to save energy, and vice versa. We’ve put together a guide on saving water, both in businesses and around the home, to offer advice on making positive changes to your water consumption, starting today.

We can conduct a water audit of your premises and use this information to help you monitor and reduce your water consumption. As 3 billion litres of water are lost in the UK each day due to leaks, it’s crucial that we identify any problematic areas to both help the environment and benefit you financially. Alongside this, we’ll negotiate with suppliers on your behalf and take control of your complicated water invoices with our validation services. Contact us on to find out how we can help you.

A guide to saving water in your business and around the home:

Useful links:

5 ways to reduce your business water footprint

Business water footprint

Our other Monarch Explains guides

How to protect the environment and use your resources efficiently

Kate Green

Author Kate Green

Green by name, green by nature, Kate has a passion for renewable energy and all things sustainable. A dynamic and efficient news reporter, Kate is an arresting force in energy writing. Just as long as a repository of snacks are available to fuel her efforts.

More posts by Kate Green

Leave a Reply



Sign up to our newsletter to receive quarterly updates on
upcoming legislation, energy and cost saving schemes and
interesting stories relevant to your sector

News and Updates


Please enter an email address